Every so often, I have a few days of insomnia. I would say maybe once every few months. Today/tonight is one of those times. Last night was similar.
I think the worst part of insomnia, besides the lack of sleep, are the reoccurring thoughts of things I want to and need to do.
My mind wanders and I think about how my kitchen is a mess, if T is sleeping well, what is going on the next day, what fun projects are on Pinterest, etc. Can anyone else relate?
My current to-do list/scattegories in my head includes (but is not limited to):
- Work on minimizing. It is an awesome idea to live a minimalist lifestyle. While I don’t know if I can fully commit to a complete minimalist life, I know I have tons of stuff I can organize/donate/get rid of.
- T’s upcoming birthday. We are at less than a month. Invitations, decor, deciding times, what food to serve.
- Piles of laundry and dishes that need to be cleaned and put away. Rinse and repeat.
- Did I do my best today? Did I focus enough on T? Did I make G feel like I am there to support him? Did I allow myself to take some “me time”?
- Is it too soon for coffee? Should I keep trying to sleep?
Maybe it’s the incoming new year? I’m not sure. I’ve got plans but I need to figure out how to execute.
What do you do when you can’t sleep?